Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Well, as I turn a yr older (26 now), I usually like to recap the last year and remember what all I'm thankful for. (I was born on Thanksgiving afterall). Of course, this year has made it a little harder to count my blessings.

Nevertheless, I know it's important to remember that I am still blessed in many ways.

Over the last year as a 25 yr old, I got to know what it's like to be a mother. I was blessed to get to share last Thanksgiving and Christmas with the ones I love, including my daughter. I was blessed to have taken so many pictures to remember her as well.

After losing Sophi, I was blessed with an overflowing of love from family, friends, and neighbors. I learned how devoted and patient my family and friends truly are. I have been blessed by growing even closer to my wonderful husband despite of and through our grief.

I'm thankful to be blessed with another year on this Earth, and I can only hope that I can somehow make life a little better for someone while I'm here. That is, in fact, what living is all about.

2 comments:

  1. You have Natalie. You are so inspiring and encouraging to me. I'm glad you got some pampering in at the salon yesterday. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday hon! I hope 26 is the best year yet!

    ReplyDelete