Friday, October 30, 2009

This Halloween, my child is an Angel



No tricks, no treats this year
to brighten up her smile
No searches for tiny costumes
down crowded clothing aisles

We won't show up knocking
on our neighbor's door
Or join the goblins and ghouls
collecting candy store-to-store

I did not get to choose
what my child would be this year
For you see, she's gone to heaven
and the future seems so unclear.

But I imagine she has a tiny halo
floating right above her head
And I swear she's watching over us,
and this is what she said:

"I may not get to join you
on this chilly Halloween night,
But I'm a tiny Angel now
and I'm never out of sight.

You can see me in the changing leaves
that fall from up above,
And when the wind whistles by your ear,
I'm whispering my love."

No comments:

Post a Comment